One of our specialists will use their expertise to gauge a realistic estimate for your item. Auction valuations are free and you can ask for one in the following ways.
- By phone: ++49 – 211 – 30 200 10
Please feel free to call us at any time. Our experts will be happy to discuss your items with you on the phone.
- By Email: email@example.com
Just send us a written description and, if possible, an image of your item.
- By Post: Send a photograph and a written description of your item. We will then contact you to give our valuation and discuss the best sale options with you.
- In Person: Seeing your object first-hand gives our specialists the best possible opportunity to examine it in detail. Use our valuation days. You can telephone or email to make an appointment with us.
- House Visits: If you are not able to visit us we can come to you instead. Please contact us to make an appointment.
Our specialists are very experienced at placing items in the right auctions and they will advise you on the most appropriate auction for your item. To offer your item in one of our special sales implicates a higher competition between buyers.
Transporting your property
You can transport the item yourself at your own expense - or we can arrange this for you at a small cost. If you are consigning goods from overseas, shipping charges, taxes and import duties may apply. Some countries apply import and export regulations for some types of goods. It is your responsibility to ensure compliance with these. You should take particular note of export licencing and CITES (endangered species) export / import regulations. Please contact our import department in advance if you have any doubts on what to do.
Agreeing sales terms and reserve
When we have agreed on the sale terms, we will give you a Receipt and Contract Form listing the details about the price at which you will be prepared to sell your item or items. This document is important because it is your instruction to us to sell. It is your contract with us, specifying the sale terms.
Our presentation of your work of art
Our professional staff of art specialists combined with extensive strategic marketing efforts are two of the many reasons for our success.
- Our catalogue: The catalogue contains a scholarly description and reproduction of each individual work of art. The online catalogue is usually available five weeks, the printed catalogue three weeks prior to the auction date. Catalogues are sent to buyers in virtually every market. Our professionally produced catalogues can be found in the reference departments of major libraries, and are a wonderful reference resource for both beginning and advanced collectors.
- Internet Marketing: Our homepage on the worldwide web provides us with a 24-hour-a-day, seven-day-a-week presence that is instantly accessible to buyers throughout the world. Our fully illustrated online catalogue is also available on international art databases.
- Print Advertising: Another facet of our marketing is our extensive use of strategically placed print advertising in magazines and trade publications. With professional advertising placed in national and international publications, we attract serious buyers and collectors worldwide. Print advertising is specifically tailored for each auction.
- Our excellent client service: We are permanent in contact with collectors, dealers and art institutions worldwide. As soon as an item, collection or estate has been consigned to us for auction, we contact systematically collectors and museum curators about items that fit their collecting parameters.
- Viewing: During the week preceding an auction, all works of art will be displayed in our showrooms. Our experts are pleased to answer any questions clients may have about the lots.
- After Auction Sale: If your item fails to sell in the auction, we offer it again in our two-weeks After Auction Sale.
For sold lots, we will send payment within 5 weeks from the day of the sale, provided we are in receipt of the buyer’s payment. Your payment will be based on the hammer price less a commission and any agreed-upon expenses.